Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lobsterfest 2012 Rockland, Maine

After getting in late the night before, we started off in the morning around 10:30 for a nice scenic tour up route 1 out of Portland towards Rockland for Lobsterfest. The ride was beautiful but very hot! You'd think Maine would be cooler but it has been in the mid-90's both days!

The ride was hot and long but well worth it for the views! We stopped a couple of times for gas and water (and just to get out of the sun mostly!) We finally got to Rockport around 2pm and easily found parking. I'm really glad we went on Friday instead of Sunday like we were planning on doing. It was busy but not overly crowded.

It's a town festival right on the ocean. We paid $8 to get in and then there were vendors, rides, live music, food, and (of course) lobster! We got 2 whole lobsters with a roll and corn on the cob for $19. It was then sweetest lobster I've ever eaten! I love Maine lobster and am ready to come back next year!

When we were stuffed with lobster and done looking at the vendors, we headed out to our hotel in Bar Habor. We got in just in time to have a quick dip in the pool before dinner.  Then we had dinner at a place called The Log Cabin Restaurant. Instead of lobster again, I opted for maple bourbon plank fired scallops. They were yummy!

After another long day of riding, some of the girls went out to sit on the benches and have some smokes and they saw a MOOSE! All I had said is I hope I see a moose on the side of the road and since I don't SMOKE, I didn't get to see it! Oh well, maybe next time! They promised to call me if they see one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment