Sunday, December 2, 2012

Things I love: My Vitamix Blender

About a year ago, I went to the Philadelphia home show. I usually go every year. Most of the time it's just something to do and get ideas. Well, last year, they had a demonstration on the Vitamix Blender. I fell in love and bought one!

I must admit, the price was a bit of sticker shock but the 7 year warranty on it and the fact that the blades move so fast that they can boil water (or cook soup) sold me! I'm eating paleo so it comes in very handy. I had an Osterizer before but I hated the fact that it didn't crush ice and that the seal leaked if it wasn't tightened enough or if the ring got old. The Vitamix doesn't have a removable bottom blade assembly and it's easy to clean, you put some water in it and a couple drops of dishwashing liquid, put it back on the base, blend on high for about 20 seconds and then rinse it out. You're done!

The only downfall of the blender that I've found is that it is too tall to fit under the cabinet on the counter. I have to leave it separated when I store it. Actually, Vitamix fixed that with their newest version and they have the 64oz container that fits under the upper cabinets now on the counter. Oh if I had just waited a year! LOL!

So anyway, I'll be giving you some recipes every now and then for the Vitamix. Keep in mind that you can adapt them to any blender but you may have to cook the ingredients first if it's a soup or that if it's something that uses ice or whole foods that you may end up with chunks of ice or things not quite blended!

Did I mention how much I love my Vitamix?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment